Version of 01 January 2020
Who is responsible for processing your data?
What are cookies?
Cookies are small, simple text files that your computer or mobile device stores when you use our web shop. There are also cookie-like techniques that achieve the same results.
What are the other cookie-like techniques?
Web beacons, Local and Session Storage and SDKs are standard Internet technologies that, sometimes together with cookies, make it possible for a system to collect and then send information. Cookies and other techniques are used in all existing web shops. By using cookies and other techniques, we ensure, for example, that:
- Making browsing the pets.com online shop more fun and easier for you;
- You will not receive or have to enter the same information each time you visit our web shop;
- We can offer you special functionalities such as the wish list or your shopping cart;
- We can measure how our web shop is being used and where we can improve it further;
- We can show you advertisements and recommendations based on your interests;
- We can recognise which device you are using when you visit us;
- We may record how often an advertisement is displayed in order to better tailor the advertisements to your needs and interests and to avoid you seeing the same advertisement again and again.
Third party cookies
What cookies do we use? In short:
Functional cookies or necessary cookies
Functional cookies ensure that our web shop functions correctly. For example, functionalities such as placing an article in your shopping cart or paying for your order.
With analytical cookies, with the help of third parties, we collect statistics on how our web shop is used. By measuring website usage, we can continue to improve our shop for the benefit of our users.
We place marketing cookies on our web shop. Third parties can also place marketing cookies on our web shop. We also place marketing cookies on third party websites. We can combine the information from these marketing cookies with each other. We do this so that we can make you offers that are as relevant as possible, based on your online surfing, searching and purchasing behaviour. With these marketing cookies, we also keep track of which advertisements you have seen.
Functional or necessary cookies
Functional or necessary cookies ensure that the webshop of Huisdieren.nl functions properly. Think here:
- Remembering and saving the items you add to your wish list;
- Providing a notification when an order is not completed so that you do not lose the items in the shopping cart;
- Saved browser settings so that you can optimally view our web shop on your screen;
- The ability to save your login details so that you do not have to enter them every time;
- The possibility to respond to messages in our web shop;
- An even load on the website so that it is easily accessible and continues to work optimally;
- Detecting possible abuse or possible problems in our web shop, for example by registering successive failed login attempts.
We use, with the help of third parties, analytical cookies to investigate the use of the shop. These statistics give us, among other things, insight into how often we are visited and where we can improve our web shop. This enables us to continuously optimise the experience with our web shop. The following data, among others, are stored:
- The IP address that is made anonymous;
- Technical characteristics, such as the browser you use (like Chrome, Safari or Firefox), the resolution of your computer screen, your language preference and which device you use;
- From which page you arrived at the web shop;
- When and how long you visit or use the web shop;
- Whether you make use of functionalities of the web shop. For example, creating a wish list, placing an order or viewing previous purchases;
- Which pages you visit in our web shop.
We use these cookies, for example, to:
- To keep track of the number of visitors to our web shop;
- To measure how long a visit lasts;
- To determine the order in which a visitor visits the various pages of our web shop.
- We can keep track of which advertisements you have already seen;
- We can keep track of how many times you have seen an advertisement;
- We can prevent you from seeing the same ad over and over again;
- We can track whether you click on the ads;
- We can track whether you place orders after seeing or clicking on an advertisement;
- We can combine your online surfing, searching and buying behaviour regardless of which device you use;
- By combining these characteristics, we can assess your advertising interests and tailor the advertisements we show you in our web shop and on third-party websites accordingly.
Advertising networks and media agencies act as intermediaries between web shops and advertisers. The marketing cookies of these parties make it possible:
- We can show third-party advertisements to you;
- Our advertising partners may combine your preferences at pets.com with information they collect when you visit other websites.
For the cookies that these parties place for marketing purposes, we refer you to the statements on the websites of these parties. Because these statements can change regularly, we advise you to consult these privacy and cookie statements regularly. The following parties place cookies and/or other techniques on our webshop:
and only use marketing cookies if you have given permission. If you don't give permission, ads will still be shown, but they will be random. You can make your choice below.
My cookie preference
Allow marketing cookies
Refuse marketing cookies
You will be shown random advertisements
To manage your marketing cookie settings with other parties, please refer to their websites:
If you want to disable cookies from specific parties, you can do so at www.youronlinechoices.com.
Delete Cookie History
If you choose to reject marketing cookies above, they will no longer be placed. If you also want to delete your cookie history, you can do so for the various browsers in the manner described below.
Delete cookies in Chrome:
- Click on the 3 dots at the top right. Click on History > Clear browsing data.
- In the "Delete Browsing Data" menu, you have the option at the top to delete browsing data from the first use to the last hour only. Below that, you choose which items you want to delete. Always tick "Cookies and other site and plug-in data".
- Press the 'Clear browsing data' button.
Delete cookies in Safari:
- Open Safari and go to Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Delete saved cookies and data > Manage website data > Delete all.
Delete cookies in Firefox:
- Click on the 3 dashes at the top right, then click on Options > Privacy > Delete individual cookies.
- Click on "Delete all".
Delete cookies in Microsoft Edge:
- Click on the 3 dots at the top right > Settings. Under 'Delete browsing data', click 'Choose what you want to delete'.
- Select the cookies (pre-selected) > Press the 'Delete' button.
Delete cookies in Internet Explorer:
- Click the cogwheel on the top right > choose Internet options > tab General. Under 'Browse history', click 'Delete'.
- Don't want to delete everything? Then at least tick 'Cookies and website data' and click 'Delete'.